Monday, October 28, 2013

Stylenspire: what's fall got to do with it?

Oh Summer, where art thou? And Autumn season, how long will thou stay-est with me that I may possibly escape the Wintery days to come? Sigh*** It has gotten cold with Fall season in full swing and I have resorted to quoting weather-shakespear (what a life! LOL). I cannot help it that as much as I enjoy the cool, sometimes cold-sun days of Autumn, I keep thinking Winter, Winter, Winter. And this little one simply does not enjoy the Winter! 

Okay, so enough of my whining! I have missed out on a few blog weeks while trying to get some things with life on track, and I am glad to be back! During my little hiatus, all I have heard and seen is buy, buy, buy….hence the Fall, Fall, Fall + Winter, Winter, Winter = buy, buy, buy! Chuckles* I mean seriously? Except you are going to be doing a massive haul of your closet from the previous season, if you ask me, there is only so much you can continually buy. 

The best shopping principle that I live by is shopping opposite seasons. At the end of Summer when all the stores are bringing in Fall/Winter trends, they aim to get rid of all current Summer fashion pieces. To this point, they will discount their merch' with a variety of sale events till they are all gone. In reverse, when Spring arrives, traders look to haul out all the Winter pieces which at that time no one will want because most people are looking to shop new for the coming warmth.  This is when I shop! At the end of one season to stock up for the following year. And because I only buy pieces that I love, it never fails to become the IT items in my closet when the new season arrives. 



Like the fur trim collar Vince sweater I am wearing today. It has been my repeat go to since the turn of the weather. I shopped this 'must-have' last Spring and have saved it for now. I paired it with this trendy batik midi skirt I custom made for myself and a cashmere men's sweater. All the pieces I styled my outfit with are very much today's trend with vibrant autumnal colors, shopped from my closet and very much me. 

Enjoy and please share your thoughts with comments below. xOXo!








Outfit deets: Ralph Lauren Black Label Men's Cashmere Sweater (old) + Vince Fur Trim Removable Collar Cardigan (sold out) + B Brian Atwood Fontenay Platform Sandals (metallic gold option) + Elie Tahari fold-over Goat Hair Clutch + Ralph Lauren sunnies are each this maxxinista's fab finds @ TJ Maxx // DIY Indonesian Batik Midi Swing Skirt (custom made by me)

Stylenspiration: "The beauty of a resplendent style, can also be represented in praise in all seasons.
Praise the Lord from the heavens, 
Praise Him all His angels,
Praise Him you highest heavens,
Praise the Lord from the earth,
Let them praise the Name of the Lord,
For He commanded and they were created.
In each season,  His Splendor is above the earth and the heavens." Y.S
See, PSALM 148







No comments:

Post a Comment

We will love to hear from you!