Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Stylenspire: peaches & cream


There is no rhythm to how I dress or how my outfit is styled. Each outfit of the day is an expression of that day itself & it always start out with the question "what does this day hold?" For me, the start of each day gets a jumpstart via intimacy with God. First thought process whenever I awake into consciousness is steeped with thankfulness & a wonder of what God has in store for me for that day. From there, the promise of the day starts to take shape as I get ready for work or play. 
Once I decide on a piece of clothing - top, skirt, pants or dress, just one item, everything else falls into place. Today, I thought to wear a skirt (as my legs still had that clean shave from yesterday) & once I decided on the skirt I let the style, color, & my feelings gear me towards selecting the rest of the pieces. 
Since the skirt was my first pick, I allowed myself to be influenced by the color palette. I wanted to keep the femininity of the of the pencil skirt while bearing in mind it was going to be a hot summer day. The peach of the lace also attracted me, so I chose a tank with a richer shade of coral that popped. The white blazer offset the peaches & cream, while bold statement jewelry were a must to add the extra oomph. 
All this decision making happened seamlessly in the span of about fifteen minutes. Considering that I have a catalogued memory of my wardrobe, getting dressed usually falls into place quick enough (whenever there is no battle with indecision). I enjoyed my day with my outfit of choice & got a lot of compliments too. 
I hope you're stylenspired & get the idea of how to shop from your closet starting with one piece of clothing & then to be influenced in the rest of your choices from the color palette, fabric, pattern, or simply with the knowledge of what your day is going to be like.
Enjoy!






My skirt today is another one of my creations. It is made from swiss voile lace fabric.



Outfit details: Theory Blazer from Nordstrom // DIY Skirt (designed & made by me) swiss voile lace fabric from Middlesex Textiles // Shoes Paris Hilton // NineWest tank top, Salvatore Ferragamo Bag & jewelry are my fab maxxinista finds from TJ Maxx 

Stylenspiration: Color complement or color combine; create your own palette with an outfit that screams your while stylenspiring others.
Y.S

Photo credit: joyfully by V.Dodge 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will love to hear from you!