Monday, July 22, 2013

Stylenspire: ankara peplum skirt


I love, love, love white dress shirts! & white tees too! I probably have over a dozen of dress shirts & tees. For me they are a wardrobe staple & I make sure I keep adding to that collection. You cannot do wrong with a white dress shirt or tee on & with anything; jeans, dress pants, skirts, even over dresses, layer up some jewelry on it, or keep it classic & clean. 

Today's shirt is paired with an ankara (african cotton fabric) skirt that I made myself. My look is infused with my Nigerian culture & styled in today's modern trend. You will notice as we journey on to each day's style that I love making my own clothes & adding to my collection, pieces that are infused with today's trend in my traditional Nigerian fabrics. 

This is where I usually point out to you that 'there is no TO DO or rigid rules in styling." Make fashion work for you by styling it your way. 
Enjoy!












Outfit details: Jones New York dress shirt from TJ Maxx // DIY Ankara Skirt (designed & made by me) // Bow Pumps & White painted straw clutch from Kate Spade // Watch Armani Exchange // Jewelry are all TJ Maxx fab maxxinista finds. 

Stylenspiration: "I have been wearing a white blouse all my life." "Its like my security blanket - They are classic with a modern twist and they are very feminine, for a real woman. It is about simplicity - they don't look complicated - it has to look effortless." Carolina Herrera 

Photo Credit: joyfully by V. Dodge

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will love to hear from you!