Sunday, July 14, 2013

Stylenspire: a first for me

It was a beautiful Sunday here on my end. Visited a new Church & quite enjoyed it. 




Cork pumps similar here
My purse is a Rebecca Minkoff  Mini Flirty that I got from my favorite store TJ Maxx. It came with a long tassel on the zipper that I was not too crazy about, so I simply cut it to my preferred length. See before pics below.  

While I was out & about, I got my very first street style picture request. Although I would normally be wary, the lady did ask very nicely & was friendly to speak with. She wanted to know the details of how I put my outfit together, & once she asked that ........ say no more. I also got her to take the pictures below for me. 
This skirt I am wearing is one of my custom designs. I've had the fabric for a while; being able to design & make my own clothes lets me create & recreate my clothes into newer designs as time goes on. 


 I was running late this morning getting ready for Church & did not want to bother with my hair, so I looked for something to cover it with. The head wrap is a mesh fabric from JoAnn in blue. In a moment of sylenspiration, I wrapped it around my head & it worked so off I went to worship. 


Outfit details: Consignment store top & belt // DIY Ankara Skirt (designed & made by me)  // Mesh head wrap fabric // Rebecca Minkoff  Mini Flirty Crossbody // LAUREN Ralph Lauren Cork Pumps // Smile (Yemisi's own)


Stylenspiration: "My skirt was a DIY corset top that became a corset dress & now a skirt. Style is possible when you let creativity inspire you." 
                                                                                                                  Y.S 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will love to hear from you!