Monday, July 29, 2013

Stylenspire: stylish and forgiven


Monday morning & I was waiting for the next tram to get to work. To pass time, I was viewing my IG updates & did not really pay attention to my surroundings. "Excuse me ma'am", I heard to my right. I looked up to see a lady standing there. I answered "yes?" with a smile & she said, "I will like to share with you my favorite scripture in the Bible. My smile grew wider at this & I asked her to go ahead. 

Her scripture of choice was ROMANS 10:9-10 "That if you confess with your mouth, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD & believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." "For it is with your heart that you believe & are justified, & it is with your mouth that you confess & are saved." 

When she opened her Bible & pointed out this scripture to me, I actually read it out loud. At the end of the read, I looked up & saw a stunned look on her face. I told her that "I do believe" & that "I do confess" & thanked her for sharing the Word with me. Then she walked away from me. 

Remember that I am still standing at the tram station waiting on the next one. After the lady left, I looked around me & realized that the station was quite full. I spared the lady no further thoughts & went back to my IG browsing.
Upon the arrival of the tram, I noticed that the lady had somehow woven her way back from the crowd & was in the same car with me. My expression was expectant as I looked at her, then I looked to all of those sitting closest to her & was wondering who her next guest will be. No one. She spoke to no one. 

 At the next stop a lady with these really haute shoes got on. I know what you are thinking...I was actually staring at the floor & when my eyes beheld her shoes, I looked up to see the rest of her. She was indeed beautifully attired. She chose a seat right next to the Bible lady. Once the tram was again on its way, I heard the same voice I heard earlier asking the same question I had been asked. I immediately turned around in time to see & hear the shoe lady answer, "no thank you."

I shook my head & smiled. I could not help but wonder why the lady chose me in a tram station full of people. & after she got on the tram, her next guest was someone that was similarly dressed like me. Where we singled out for her quest because of our looks? Or was she truly Spirit led? My thoughts began to wander to past incidents & feelings of being judged for looking good (not for being good looking, but for being beautifully attired). Like if I am not blandly dressed I therefore cannot have the Spirit of Christ in me. Why are people afraid to open a luxe & beautifully wrapped gift? Do they look at the gift wrap thinking "oh my! The gift inside will probably be worth a fortune so I should not open it." LOL! 

Yes! My mind can really wander sometimes. Nevertheless, while I pondered these thoughts, somewhere in my head I started hearing a tune & these words ðŸŽ¶I'm forgiven ...... ðŸŽ¶I'm forgiven ...... ðŸŽ¶& I don't have to carry the weight of who thinks what of me ...... ðŸŽ¶when I don't fit in & they don't feel like I belong ...... ðŸŽ¶I'm forgiven ...... ðŸŽ¶when I don't measure up to much for you, oh I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ cause I'm forgiven🎶
& on & on this song went till I got in to work & started what turned out to be a blessed day. I hope that at some point during your day today, you reveled in the knowledge that you are an all round world wide wonder.

Enjoy viewing the outfit post below!












Outfit details: Vince silk dress similar here & here // Kors Michael Kors ostrich platform + Juicy Couture clutch + Blue Daisy Ray Ban wayfarers all TJ Maxx fab maxxinista finds // Movado Bold Series watch // Swarovski crystals rings & earrings // Strut (Yemisi's own ðŸ˜Š)

Stylenspiration: As for me, my beauty will always be "to the honor of the Lord my God ...... for He has endowed me with splendor." ISAIAH 60:9
Y.S

Photo credit: joyfully by V. Dodge

*The lyrics of the tune playing in my head are slightly modified to my thoughts. The original music is FORGIVEN by SANCTUS REAL*

3 comments:

  1. I love the easiness of the dress & pop of orange clutch. Also liking the color of your lips & nail polish color!!
    www.yvonnesloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story you shared with the lady and the scripture too!
    www.yvonnesloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Yvonne, I appreciate you stopping by. World Wide Wonders, Yvonne is a stylenspiration, check out her blog at www.yvonnesloves.com

    ReplyDelete

We will love to hear from you!