Monday, September 30, 2013

Lifenspire: spoken beauty

I have a new Team Lead at work and she is just all kinds of awesome-ness. One of the best things about her is how she speaks life into her team members. Her words are encouraging and joy-infusing that you just want to do more, and do better.

This is what I have noticed about her in the two months she has joined the team. At first I thought her words were simple eloquence (as I was unsure of her affirmation), but as time went on I saw the sincerity and confirmation with which she spoke. When someone continually tells you "you're the best", "I appreciate you", "that's awesome" doesn't that just give you life? She even wishes her team members "Happy Friday" either verbally or with funny emails.

When you have someone encouraging you on with their kind words, and challenging you to  be better with such encouragement, don't you just want to give your all? My old boss/friend/mentor, Dr. Wiebke, has never told me goodbye. His parting words to me are always 'do better!' I was able to visit with him a few weeks back and his parting words were the same life giving ones: with a big hug he said, "Yemi, do better until we meet again." 

Are you a LIFE GIVER? 
Do you speak life to those around you, strangers and loved ones alike? 
Do the words you speak to others encourage you too? 
I cannot claim to have perfected this nature in me (as my sarcastic mouth sometimes precedes me), but it is a character trait that I greatly emulate and strive to be better at.

As we begin a new week, ending the month of September (that has so quickly swept by) and beginning October, I hope we will each find great encouragement in the beauty of life, in the blessing of those around us, and in the cretainty of the Ultimate Encourager - Christ!

Happy Monday!
1 Thessalonians 5:14
"....encourage the disheartened...."
Deuteronomy 3:28
"But commission Joshua(EVERYONE), and encourage and strengthen him(them), for he(you never know what blessing you might impart into the world) will lead this people...."
1 Thessalonians 5:11
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
Philemon 1:7
"Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you refresh the hearts of the Lord’s people."
Hebrews 3:13
"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called TODAY!"
2 Corinthians 13:11
"Finally... encourage one another. And the God of love and peace will be with you."
May our life's goal be to encourage in heart, and be united in love, thereby grasping the full riches of complete understanding, in order to know the mystery of God, namely, Christ!
See Colossians 2:2

Lifenspiration: "Strive to be better and do better, soon enough the best you is revealed!" Y.S

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will love to hear from you!