Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Stylenspire: fall hued

In these early days of cold mornings and warm daytime, it is easy to remember all the reasons why I love fall. Though the leaves are falling, the trees and earth are yet to birth the jewel tones of nature that brings such rich beauty as it yields to the oncoming season. What I dread about this time of the year is that it is a prelude to a nightmarish season for me - winter (I still contend with God on the need for winter).

Oh how I fear those endless dark, brittle, and cold days. Yet I know not to "worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself." In the mean time I will enjoy the pleasant weather fall brings and the opportunity it offers us to style creatively. 
Like my outfit for today; the rich jewel tones and textured fabric contrast kept an extra spring in my step. I was inspired by a tee shirt I saw the day before to wear this skirt today. The jacket I am wearing was a gift from my friend PJ and it feels like butter. The few times I have had it on, I caress it wondering what phantom technology they used to make the leather so, so buttery soft. 



 
If you are looking to style these early days of fall fabulously, be sure to wear and or accessorize with rich jewel tones, and layer up with a mix of textured fabrics. These days, your body is a canvass for style art with no fashion restrictions. The only rule is to do you! 
Enjoy!




Outfit deets: Alice & Olivia cropped leather jacket (to die for in red / splurge)  + Kate Spade ellis bow sweater (fab find / bid for it)  + Nanette Lepore button-front skirt (sold out / blue option) + Rebecca Minkoff quited bag are each awesome fab finds from TJ Maxx // Juicy Couture Karina booties are maxxinista fab found from Marshalls 

Stylenspiration:
"The story of my style is also told in the colors that I wear. It is an expression of a life richly lived as I seek to do each blessed day." 
Y.S

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." MATTHEW 6:34

Photo credit: joyfully by V.Dodge
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will love to hear from you!