Monday, September 16, 2013

Stylenspire: emerald


I love many shades of green but emerald is my absolute favorite! The Pantone Inc. are the leading masterminds on color, providing the most accurate color innovations that transcends into every area of fashion. Each year, they forecast the color trends & accurately dedicate a color that will rule for that year. For 2013, they announced emerald as the ruling color & this color has reigned beautifully, staying true to its nature.

Pairing this sweater & skirt was an absolute win, with an interesting take on the choice of shoes. I kept jewelry simple & in line with the gold zipper detail on the sweater. I do enjoy wearing lace pieces & this lace skirt is a bespoke remake. The original skirt came with black lining & I wore it that way for the last few years that I have had it. This spring I took it apart, matched the lace with a gorgeous emerald lining & the result is what you see. 
I think I will change it again come next year. 
Before that time, do enjoy today's take on this brilliant hue!  








Outfit deets: Talbots lace skirt (old, consignment find) // MICHAEL Michael Kors zip hem sweater + Juicy Couture Emerald & Amethyst Stone ring // Donald J. Pliner two tone heels (timed sale) are fab finds from TJ Maxx // Necklace (gift from mom)


Stylenspiration: 
"Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty 
that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony."

PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald, a lively, radiant, lush green, is the Color of the Year for 2013.
Photo Credit: joyfully by V. Dodge

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will love to hear from you!