Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Stylenspire: femme fatigue



I can't believe I forgot to wear this skirt this summer, but that is just what happened. Until I spotted it hanging out with dresses in my closet. I know most of the skirts that I have worn through the summer have been ones bespoke tailored by me, hence the oversight. I purposely chose to pair the skirt with this fatigue shirt. The chambray of the shirt & the cotton-linen blend of the skirt flowed well together. A dab of jewelry with these haute shoes & I was ready to go. 

I could not help but notice that the whole outfit is a play of fabrics & materials. From the chambray to the cotton-linen, the silvery leather of the belt & snake print of the shoes, to the metals, crystals & faux baubles of the jewelry. The blend reminds me of the mesh of our lives. The seasons that come & go, the changes that we experience & sometimes struggle with. Even the norm & saneness of our everyday living reflects this mix mash too. 

Nevertheless, the one truth that comes from it all is the beauty of the living; be it on a high or a low. Life well lived is beautiful! Like the beauty represented in each fashion piece that adorns us through style art.

Enjoy! 




 
Outfit deets: Clothe & Stone top + Kate Spade Janis skirt (find it here) + Calvin Klein belt (came with a dress) + B Brian Atwood Fontenay Platform Sandals (on sale here / similar here / options here) are each maxxinista fab find from TJ Maxx

Stylenspiration:

"I feel fatigued after being sickly for three days, but my outfit works as a good camouflage with the pick me up sunshine smiling down at me."
Y.S 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will love to hear from you!