Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Stlyenspire: laser laced

I started this post thinking of the design similarity of my dress & shoes. They are both laser cut. Earlier I was listening to a Joseph Prince sermon & he made reference to how the Word is "living & active; sharper than any double-edged sword"; "what can be sharper than a two-edged sword?" he asked. A laser! 

  Naturally, my mind wandered to the reference Joseph Prince had made & I started to consider all I know about laser cutting. A double-edged sword can only cut on two sides; the flat planes of the sword cannot cut, but the pierce of a laser cuts on all sides.

wikipedia

"Laser cutting works by directing the output of a high-power laser, by computer, at the material to be cut. The material then either melts, burns, vaporizes away, or is blown away by a jet of gas,[1] leaving an edge with a high-quality surface finish."

The intricate laser cut design on my dress is so pretty. The silk fabric is cut to look like lace & I cannot help but think of the fiery-piercing process that created this delicate beauty.

Likewise, the shoes.

Living under grace, I think on how we are laser cut on all sides by Him, through Him, & for Him. Not unlike silk & leather, the process of our cutting in this life is to yield a beautiful result; that the image of Whom we are created for might reflect in each of us.

I know that there is a process of 'His laser cutting' being done in some area of your life. After you enjoy the stylenspiration below, take a moment to reflect, understand & yield to His process; the fiery cuts you are experiencing will produce the rare beauty of who you are, to the Glory of Who you were created for.

❌⭕❌⭕❗








Outfit deets: Jessica Simpson dress/belt + Juicy Couture Karina booties are maxxinista fab found from Marshalls // Salvatore Ferragamo bag + Swarovski Crystals ring + Jessica Simpson crystal tri-color leather bracelets are maxxinista fab finds from TJ Maxx // Movado watch

World Wide Wonders, remember that through any fiery trials, His Presence is with you. He will never forsake you whom He has chosen for His own. "Do not be afraid for I am with you" (Genesis 26:24) is His unfailing Word of promise to His chosen ones who are experiencing "the fiery furnace of affliction."
Y.S

Photo credit: joyfully by V. Dodge

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing - I love your inspirational devos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the lace! You know I loooove lace, it's so sexy and so feminine even if you're not trying to be.
    Can I request you style a boobilicious gal like me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha @ boobilicious! Feminine yes, yes, yes!

      Delete

We will love to hear from you!