Thursday, August 29, 2013

Stylenspire: lace identity



My lace top is another oldie goodie that I tried on this morning for fit (since I have not worn it in over a year). I liked, so I looked to find what to pair it with. Subconcsiously, I did not think this ankara skirt with lace trim would work. Consciously, I chose to try the skirt on & voila! Perfect pairing!



The skirt is one of my bespoke tailored designs from this summer. The light fabric of the ankara & lace makes it a summer wear, though with layering, I believe the rich jewel tones of the skirt can transition into fall with me. I guess I'll have to work that style & see the result.

I got a lot of compliments about this outfit & it's turning out to be one of those days that I just want to keep the outfit on forever. I'm sure you can identify with that. Yet no matter how lovely & flattered we can be in a fabulously styled outfit, our identity is not in the outfit. It is in Christ the Creator of all things bright & beautiful Who graciously provides for each stylish ensemble.

Enjoy!








I knew my day would be busy with errands, so I chose this kitten heeled pink suede pumps. For oomph effect, I would also wear it with the black d'orsay pumps  for afterhours mingling.



Outfit deets: DIY Ankara lace trimmed skirt (bespoke tailoring by me) // Ralph Lauren lace top + Izabela Nine West suede pumps + Gold on Gold Leather Michael Kors Darrington leather bracelet + Juicy Couture ring + Swarovski Crystals ring all TJ Maxx maxxinista fab finds // Jayra Nine West d'orsay glitter heels (herehere, or here)  // Movado Bold Series watch

Stylenspiration: "Do you ever wonder how others identify with your style? If emulated, what message does it send out? What is your style identity?" 
Y.S

Photo credit: joyfully by V. Dodge







No comments:

Post a Comment

We will love to hear from you!