Thursday, August 8, 2013

Stylenspire: dress possibilities


This dress screams "have fun & enjoy wearing me". The summer brights makes me think I should be on my way out to some fun place where I can bask in the sunshine & smell the flowers. This summer pretty dress also transitions into a fall/winter joy; the key to that is layering. 

My pretty neon cardi is one of my favourites. I like to scrunch up the sleeves whenever I wear it. But not all fabrics (especially certain knits) can withstand many wash & wear without crumbling. Since the ribbed hem of the sleeves no longer bounce back after wash, my answer to that is a neat fold of the sleeve. I even like the styled look. Sometimes you do something out of necessity, but you get a 'stylish do' as a result.

Having much is always a blessing, but when prudence takes precedence, you make the the gift of creativity work for you. Possibilities are endless when you open your mind to style art. I hope these pictures stylenspire you to spruce your staples in various ways. 


Enjoy!


1. Play






2. Work option 



3. Layer up for fall

Outfit deets: LEIFSDOTTI DRESS can be found here or here or here, but similar here 

OPTION 1.  NY&co Cardi // Joie wrap around skinny belt (off a dress I don't have anymore) // Lauren Ralph Lauren lime Newbury Mini (similar here) + Coach 'C' Sandals + Silver on Tan Leather Michael Kors Darrington bracelet + Ralph Lauren Sunnies + Rings all TJ Maxx maxxinista fab finds + Movado Bold Series watch

OPTION 2. Machael Kors belt + Gold on Gold Leather Michael Kors Darrington leather bracelet + BCBG MaxAzria ponte knit skirt + BCBG suede trim pumps all TJ Maxx maxxinista fab finds + Movado watch  

Option 3. Michael Kors short sleeve turtle-neck + Silver on Tan Leather Michael Kors Darrington + Rings are from TJ Maxx // Movado Bold Series watch // Frye Melissa Button Boots (a birthday gift I chose in Cognac - has other colors)

Stylenspiration: "Summer blooms can also be fall brights. Less or more can make it work."
*Summer is still in full bloom, yet there are fall whispers in all things fashion. As you fashionably style on through the summer, take mental notes for yourself on pieces that you can incorporate into your fall/winter styles. Before you go hunting for fall pieces, first shop your closet. *
Y.S


No comments:

Post a Comment

We will love to hear from you!