Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Stylenspire: bow-tifully



A friend of mine once asked me why I wear a lot of bows. I laughed & thought on it for a moment. I do wear a bow often enough & it is mostly when I have a Kate Spade design on.


Kate Spade is notorious for her colorfully lively efeminate & poetic designs. Everything they create screams cute & pretty & beautiful all at the same time. Today's outfit is reminiscent of this with effortless chic.

My skirt determined the makeup of how this outfit was put together. This skirt is soon en-route to London & for one last wear, I paired it with a mesh mimick-collar top, a beaded bow tie, adding the belt & the flats made the look come together.

Choice of colors came in the beads of the bow tie, my Ray Ban sunnies, & shoulder bag which I carried as a clutch (I removed the straps). Working the bow theme gave a unique aesthetic to the whole look. Each piece on its own was simple & could have been ordinary, but bringing them together as a whole gave it the oomph.

Enjoy!







The bow tie I am wearing is one of my 'see art - see style' designs. It was snipped off a thrift store hat that I paid 50cents for. Talk about a FABFIND!


Outfit deets: Top + Pleated chiffon skirt + Kate Spade belt + Kate Spade  flats (similar here + Ray Ban Wayefarer + Juicy Couture watch + Swarovski crystals rings are all TJ Maxx maxxinista fab finds //  Rebecca Minkoff M.A.C shoulder bag // bow tie is a thrift store find

Stylenspiration: "Enjoy the little things." Y.S


2 comments:

  1. I love bows too although I don't wear them enough! Also love your skirt, it seems so versatile!!
    www.yvonnesloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne! You should find more ways to infuse bows into your outfits. I know u'll know just how to rock it.

      Delete

We will love to hear from you!